Terry Gibson: Barcelona need to balance rotation and unbeate

Musikaz kanpokoak / Extramusicales / Off Topic

Terry Gibson: Barcelona need to balance rotation and unbeate

MezuaNork chanoudom » AAr Ots 06, 2018 3:50 am

Terry Gibson: Barcelona need to balance rotation and unbeaten run

Irudia

sbobet8888 Terry Gibson thinks Barcelona could face a "predicament" as they look to rotate players and also defend their unbeaten record in La Liga.

Lionel Messi and Ivan Rakitic both started on the bench at the weekend as Barca drew 1-1 with city rivals Espanyol.

Despite dropping points in the game, Barca are still nine points ahead of second-placed Atletico Madrid in La Liga.

But Sky Sports Spanish expert Terry Gibson thinks they face a tricky balancing act as they compete on three fronts for the rest of the season and try to stay unbeaten in the league.

"Barcelona are in a predicament," Gibson said on La Liga Weekly podcast. "I understood the resting of players at the weekend, but they are protecting an unbeaten record, which they want to continue. That might be detrimental because they have got a comfortable lead and not many people think there is a genuine title race.

"Barcelona have not been in this position at this stage of the season. In the past they have to put their foot down all the way through because they are being closed down by Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid, there has not been this kind of gap.

"It's important that Ernesto Valverde does rest players. I am pleased that certain teams place importance on the Copa del Rey and Barcelona have done that. This period I fully understand resting players, and Barcelona also have Champions League games to come up.

"I understand Valverde making the changes and he must have been tempted to make more at the weekend but it was Espanyol and they don't want to lose the unbeaten record, especially against their city rivals. It's a balancing act." sbobet8888

Barca had to come from behind to earn a point against Espanyol, with defender Gerard Pique scoring a late equaliser.

Pique celebrated his goal by putting his fingers to his lips to hush Espanyol supporters, having made pre-match comments about the club that had riled some fans.

Gibson said: "Pique has got massively broad shoulders, he knows the consequences, and immediately from the start of the game he was being booed and whistled. I don't want the post-match and pre-match comments to be notoriously dull; there's a line you can't cross and I don't think he crossed it.

"Supporters are entitled to jeer and boo him and if he scores the winner he didn't cross the line. There are numerous ways he could have crossed the line and he didn't. He is a massive personality and a massive defender of his club and I don't see anything wrong with that.

"He could take the easy way and not say anything, but I am glad there are people around like Pique. When you have that personality why suffocate it?" [color=#C9892F]sbobet8888
chanoudom

Mezuak: 111
Izena emanda: OE Urr 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Champions League final: Former Reds ace REFUSES to travel to

MezuaNork chanoudom » OI Mai 25, 2018 7:04 am

€59m capture moving closer & Man Utd also keen to finalize €51m deal

Irudia

sbo Manchester United need to be busy in the summer transfer window and Mourinho must sign quality stars to reinforce the squad for next season. If reports in the media are anything to go by then the Red Devils are linked with two top players in the form of Brazilian midfielder Fred and Belgian defender Alderweireld.

According to Mirror Sport, Manchester United are moving closer to agreeing a signing worth €59m for the Shakhtar Donetsk star (Fred). On the other hand, the British source have mentioned that Jose Mourinho is also keen to finalize the €51m capture of the Tottenham Hotspur center half (Alderweireld).

The Old Trafford club do need a creative central midfielder to partner the likes of Nemanja Matic and record signing Paul Pogba in the center of the park. Someone like Fred, who can be deployed anywhere in the midfield, will be perfect for United’s Portuguese boss. sbo

As per the provided The Mirror link, the Selecao star wants to showcase his talent in England and his move to Man Utd is likely to be completed soon.

As far as Alderweireld is concerned, he is arguably one of the best central defenders in the Premier League. Under the management of Spurs boss Pochettino, the former Atletico Madrid CB has always been solid.

United had the second best defensive record in the recently concluded Premier League campaign, so, they already have a strong back line and if Alderweireld does end up finalizing his move then the department will surely be stronger. sbo
chanoudom

Mezuak: 111
Izena emanda: OE Urr 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Itzuli Bestelako Gaiak/ Otros Temas/ Off Topic

Nor dago konektaturik?

Ez dago izen emandako erabiltzailerik Foroan. Erabiltzaile nabigaten foro honetan eta bisitari 1