Brendan Rodgers impressed by Odsonne Edouard as Celtic beat

Musikaz kanpokoak / Extramusicales / Off Topic

Brendan Rodgers impressed by Odsonne Edouard as Celtic beat

MezuaNork chanoudom » Iga Mar 04, 2018 8:27 am

Brendan Rodgers impressed by Odsonne Edouard as Celtic beat Morton

Irudia

sb0bet Brendan Rodgers admitted Odsonne Edouard might have played himself into contention for the Old Firm derby after inspiring Celtic to a 3-0 home Scottish Cup quarter-final win over Morton.

The well-organised Ladbrokes Championship side proved to be stubborn and troublesome in the goalless first half before 20-year-old striker Edouard, on loan from Paris St-Germain, replaced Scott Sinclair at half-time to assist his fellow Frenchman Moussa Dembele in attack.

The holders upped the tempo and Dembele grabbed a double, the second from a contentious penalty, before Edouard lashed in his seventh of the season in the final minute.

Rodgers feels his overall display has put him in the frame for the clash with Rangers next Sunday, live on Sky Sports.

"I thought he was very good," said the Celtic boss. He is a young player I rate very highly. He can play in a number of positions. He has strength, power, he threatens in behind... he is quick but he can link the game as well.

"I felt as though those two occupied their back four really well because they are both quick and Odsonne really wants to really run in behind.

"He had two really good chances before he actually scored the goal so it is something that I can consider.

"I have an idea what we want to do if everyone is fit next week, but certainly for today's game he provided the spark needed and I thought he was excellent when he came on."

After scoring in last week's 2-0 win at Aberdeen, Dembele took his tally for the season to 12 and Rodgers believes he is coming to the boil ahead of the trip to Ibrox.

"He has that hunger back to score. In the second half, like the rest of the team, he was much better.

"It was a good header (for the first goal) and the link-up play was much better to get the penalty and he was probably unfortunate that the ball wouldn't sit for him in the second half a couple of times to get his hat-trick.

Celtic's penalty was awarded when Morton defender Michael Doyle was adjudged by referee John Beaton to have felled Dembele just inside the box.

Ton boss Jim Duffy claimed the infringement took place outside the box, although he conceded that the decision was probably not a game-changer at Parkhead.

He said: "When you come here you don't want to hand victory to Celtic and we didn't. But class told in the end.sb0bet
chanoudom

Mezuak: 111
Izena emanda: OE Urr 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Mikel Arteta to Arsenal: Why it might be a gamble worth taki

MezuaNork chanoudom » OI Mai 18, 2018 7:27 am

Mikel Arteta to Arsenal: Why it might be a gamble worth taking

Irudia

maxbet Mikel Arteta is the leading candidate to succeed Arsene Wenger at Arsenal despite having no managerial experience. His appointment would represent a gamble, but a look into his past reveals he has always been destined for the dugout, writes Nick Wright. Alan Stubbs was nearing the end of his first spell at Everton when Mikel Arteta arrived on loan from Real Sociedad. The 22-year-old had been brought in to add flair to David Moyes' grizzled squad, but despite being a young player new to English football, it soon became clear that he was also happy to stand up in the dressing room and speak his mind.

"Mikel always had an opinion about how the team were playing," Stubbs tells Sky Sports. "He wouldn't hesitate to come forward and say something to the group. He would talk about what the team wasn't doing or what the team needed to do better, whether that was keeping the ball or creating more in the final third. "Some people would agree and some would disagree, but it was all constructive discussion, and even though he wasn't one of the oldest in the squad, he was never afraid to have his say. Mikel had a vision and an idea of what the team needed to do to win games or get back into games." maxbet

It was obvious to Stubbs - just as it had been to Pep Guardiola and Mauricio Pochettino, Arteta's team-mates at his previous clubs Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain - that the young Spanish midfielder was an intelligent individual with an advanced understanding of the game. "He was very professional and focused," adds Stubbs. "It was clear that he had a good football brain. He was the type of player who wanted to get on the ball and dictate the way Everton played at the time. Looking back, I think that probably stood him in good stead for what he wanted to do next."

What came next was still a long way off at that point, but 13 years on, it appears to be drawing closer by the day. Two years after ending his playing career at Arsenal to take up a coaching position under his old mentor Guardiola at Manchester City, Arteta is in talks with Arsenal about a return to north London as Arsene Wenger's successor. It is a divisive prospect among Arsenal supporters, many of whom believe the club's hierarchy should be targeting a manager in the Massimiliano Allegri or Luis Enrique bracket, and who can blame them? Allegri and Luis Enrique have years of elite managerial experience behind them. Arteta, by contrast, has none whatsoever. maxbet
chanoudom

Mezuak: 111
Izena emanda: OE Urr 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Itzuli Bestelako Gaiak/ Otros Temas/ Off Topic

Nor dago konektaturik?

Ez dago izen emandako erabiltzailerik Foroan. Erabiltzaile nabigaten foro honetan eta 2 bisitari